Your Learning Consultants, Tutors, & Family Strategists: Learning For Our New World
Remote learning for your child does NOT have to feel like a second catastrophe, or default choice. When you choose our consultations, 1:1 subject area tutoring, or pod support your child and family can get the most out of their education. Virtual, yup, but with the authentic connection and animated content each student needs to thrive.
As seasoned educators of 20+ years, we offer consultations to help you create and implement education solutions for your family. After assessing your needs, we design and deliver meaningful lessons that engage your child and make learning matter.
We work with children across all age ranges, K-12, from public, private and home schools. We are experts in taking a flexible approach to learning that is responsive to circumstances. Our developmentally appropriate tactics are personalized to your child's learning style and your family's unique situation.
We believe in the adaptability of children and the resilience of families, and serve you with humor, heart, and follow through.
We are here to help your family start fresh NOW with our remote learning virtual consultation, a plan for implementation, and follow up check-in’s as needed. We offer 1:1 tutoring, and deep dives in mini-units.
Who we are
We are experienced educators and parent strategists helping you to make learning everything you would hope it could be for your family. A husband and wife team, parents of four children age 2-15, our aim is to keep learning central to a good rich life. We value relationships and trust above everything, and have built up a network of passionate specialists to be sure your needs are always met by the right person for the job.
What you get from us
1:1 Tutoring and content area support in any or all of the traditional "subjects" for K-12 students-- or an interdisciplinary approach to multiple subjects, which is our trademark.
- ELA (all areas of literacy and writing, grammar, and language fundamentals)
- Math (includes hands-on manipulatives, logic, abacus and real-world math)
- Science (includes all areas of science, with emphasis on life sciences, comparative anatomy)
- Geography (includes map making and analysis, and studies of indigenous knowing)
- Social Studies/Social Justice/Current Events (includes topical moments in our living history)
- Fine Art (all forms)
- Physical Education (joyful connection to using our bodies)
- Contemplative/Mindfulness (includes derivates of yoga and meditation)
Here are example of some interdisciplinary mini-units we can bring to your child, adaptable for varying learning levels and styles:
- What came first, the egg or the newborn parrot? (Studying the Egg-life cycle-- comparative anatomy, biology, and observation skills--using our breeding African Grey Parrots).
- Telling my neighborhood story! (Developing inner and outer observation: what is a neighborhood now? Who's in mind? What's happening to it? Where do I fit?)
- Kitchen explorations! (Understanding chemistry in action, creative choice, practical skills, measuring and recipe writing, connecting to familial ancestry, and awareness of sensory data.)
- How did I get here? (Studying demographics, immigration patterns, family stories, and government policy.)
You can book these sessions 1hrs+ per week, in which we complement or bolster your child's current education.
You can also book Education Intensive to take care of a complete homeschool education for your child across subject areas. See full details here.
We're here to reassure you that you can figure this out in a way that meets your needs. Everything gets better when you have plan B, C, and D, extend your empathy, and expand your creative thinking.
Until the safe resolution of the current public health crisis, and to ensure health and wellbeing of all families, all instruction and consultations are virtual.
The Application Process
Step One: Book a 30-minute inquiry call (phone or video) to discuss your needs and education vision for your family, and learn more about our services. Contact us here to schedule. Inquiry Fee: Free
Step Two: Book your phone or video remote learning consultation. We investigate the question, “What kind of support is best for my child?” In this session (approximately 1-1.5 hours) using an in-depth intake we help you clarify and articulate your family’s education goals, and refine a vision for our support.
We make recommendations for customized curriculum or support structure. We help you think deeply about your motivation and vision, your child’s unique nature, and the role of the family system. The notes from the call become yours. Your intake functions as part of your application, should you decide to work with us further. We also make referrals to outside specialists or other tutoring services as needed. Consultation Fee: $250, or sliding scale.
Step Three: It’s a fit! Book us as your educators for content area support, or to create and to deliver a unique mini-unit. We integrate into your family's schedule and create a course or study description that matches your student’s needs. We document your child's progress in session notes and share those with you.
Our services include candid check in’s about mental, emotional and physical well-being of your child in the context of your family’s situation. Booking us also includes referrals if needed to counselors and other tutors who can supplement our areas of expertise. Fee: Hourly rate ($250), or sliding scale by arrangement. Package price for a unit for your child, or your child + learning pod.
Contact us with your questions. (917) 648 7745